One of Coachs’ faves is his momma’s fruit salad. I have to admit, the first time I tasted it, I was in love! It’s pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. I rely on this tasty dish for Father’s Day, gets togethers, Easter, Christmas, etc. I can never go wrong bringing this dish. What can get any better than fresh whipped cream with a bunch of fruit mixed all up into one bowl of yumminess. This time around I omitted the food coloring, added fresh fruit and nuts.
- 2 cans 15 oz. each 100% juice chunky mixed fruit, drain
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, ground
- 20 fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 can 20 oz. pineapple chunks
- In a standing mixer, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff. Drain mixed fruit and pineapple. Pour drained fruit into large sized serving bowl. Peel bananas and slice, add to bowl. Wash hull and quarter strawberries, add to bowl; stir
- Fold in whip cream and nuts, garnish with additional ground nuts if desired.