Mommy's Cookie Press Cookies ~ Christmas Recipe
Author: Tiffany at My Crowded Kitchen.Com
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: yields approx. 4 dozen
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- green or red food coloring, optional
- sprinkles, different colors/varieties
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer, beat butter and sugar for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, almond milk, and extract; scraping down sides of mixer bowl if needed.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Slowly stir flour into creamed mixture.
- If desired tint dough with food coloring.
- Put dough into cookie press and press out cookies onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in a sealed container.
Recipe by My Crowded Kitchen at http://mycrowdedkitchen.com/?p=1070