Homemade Almond Roca
Author: Tiffany at My Crowded Kitchen
Recipe type: Candy
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 sticks SALTED butter
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Finely chop walnuts, layer 1 cup onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Evenly layer 1 cup of milk chocolate chips on top of walnuts. Set aside.
- In a heavy duty pot, melt butter. Once butter hads melted, add sugar; continue stirring until candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees.
- Once candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees, add whole almonds. Continue stirring until candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees.
- Remove from heat, evenly spread hot toffee over nuts and chocolate chips.
- Top hot toffee with remainder chocolate chips, let chips melt. Once melted, spread evenly over toffee. Top with the remainder walnuts.
- Place in the refrigerator until chocolate has set. Once set, run a knife along the sides of baking dish to gently pop toffee out. Cut or break into pieces.
Recipe by My Crowded Kitchen at http://mycrowdedkitchen.com/?p=1056