Here’s a quick and easy biscuit recipe that my family loves. This one comes from grandma Honey’s recipe box. Hot, out of the oven, slapped with some buttah, drizzled with honey, oh yea!
Yields approx. 12 two-inch biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Sift into a large sized bowl.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Pour in melted butter and buttermilk. Stir with a fork just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently 10 times (No More) Roll dough out dough to approx 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch biscuit cutter or desired sized cutter or edge of glass dipped in flour.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10-12 minutes.