Coach, has really been on me about blogging. “Tiffany, you need to post. YOU NEED TO POST!” He says it EVERYDAY. He promised if I started posting again, he’d be my little dish man until he gets a job. Hmm, this might just work folks. I’ve always made the mess and cleaned it up. NOW, I get to make the mess and NOT clean it up?! How could one girl get to be so stinkin’ lucky?! You bet your backside I’m alloverthis.
Yeah, we’re funny like that. Making deals with each other like we’re on the show, ”Let’s Make a Deal”. He’s my bestest friend in the whole wide world. He knows what motivates me and it sure isn’t money, it’s dishes. ;) So, we will see what transpires for the blog through our time together without him having that J.O.B. I’m thinking we’re going to have a lot of fun together. I can see it now – together, doing shopping, laundry, cleaning, vacuming. My house is going to be SUPER CLEAN! Huh babe?! Just kidding babe. YOU DA MAN! For sure, (insert finger snap.) I totally know he’s shaking his head and laughing at me, reading this.
UPDATE…. I no sooner wrote this post and the man went and sliced, not pricked, not grazed, not even cut, YES!!! Sliced his finger open almost down to the bone, while doing the dishes - I might add. He needed six stiches, but talked the Dr. into five. How does someone talk the Dr. into five stiches?! I almost fainted! Seriously, I really almost fainted! Anywho, I’m back to cleaning up my KITCHEN MESSES again for the next 14 stinkin’ days. Bless his heart! I do really feel bad for him.
Here he is my hunk a hunk in the ER waiting to get his stiches.
Okay, I’ll get serious.
Honey, my grandma, made the most delicious vegetable beef soup recipe I’ve ever tasted. I remember going over quite often to her house for dinner. She’d invite the entire family over for fellowshipping and laughter. There were a lot of us when we’d get together, fun memories for sure. I remember she’d set up two long tables. They were dressed so nicely with pretty soup dishes, and crackers with buttah at every end.
I wish so badly that I would have got this recipe from her, but sadly she didn’t have one. Yeah, it was one of those recipes. She’d just throw everything in the pot and call it a day. Sometimes those are the best recipes EVER.
Well, I did just that the other night – threw it all in a pot and called it a night. This bowl of goodness took me back when I was a kid, eating at Honey’s house, with a big bowl of soup and crackers.
The flavors of all the vegetables were just amazing and tasted – oh so good! This was exceptionally good the next day as the flavors married over night. I ate me twobigbowls. And my scale let me know I ate them too! Stupid scale!
I’m seriously thinking about canning this recipe this year when the veggies from the garden come in. I bet it will deliver an even fresher garden taste.
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped fine
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 turnips, diced
- 2 rutabagas, diced
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 5 potatoes, diced
- approx. 8 cups water + more if needed.
- ½ cup organic chicken bouillion
- salt to taste
- 2 cups frozen organic sweet baby peas
- 2 cups frozen organic super sweet white corn
- approx. 2 cups frozen organic petite whole green beans
- 3 zucchini, peeled, chopped
- 4 small yellow squash, peeled, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) each organic stewed tomatoes
- In a large pot, and I mean large. Melt butter over medium high heat. Add celery, onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add diced turnips, rutabagas, parsnips, carrots, and potatoes. Cover with water, add bouillion and salt to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once you’ve brought to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are fork tender.
- Now add your peas, corn, green beans, zucchini, squash, stewed tomatoes and tomato paste. Add more salt if needed. Simmer approx. 30 minutes longer or until zuchini is fork tender. Ladle into bowls. Serve with salted buttered crackers, you won’t be sorry you buttered them. hehehe